Tuesday, April 15, 2014

camp

This year, for camp, my group was in charge of the third day which included the pizza in the park, the Weta Workshop and also the Circus School.
These activities were a lot of fun and really cool.
Weta workshop was more magical than last time I went there, They had trolls (three of them) and  they looked real.
“One whanau group at a time,” said Mrs Fielder and we went in.
It looked the same; just some of the stuff was moved around alot. I gazed at Gollum. As he started to stare at me he was holding a fish and it looked almost as if he thought I was going to steal it! As skinny as a skeleton and looking more and more unfed, Gollum is a very weird character.
We watched a trailer and then we floated towards the making room where they make everything.
Beautiful paintings were everywhere, along with realistic plastic axes, swords and more.
Looking around like dogs searching for cool things, we finally get to the Warthog from ‘Halo’. It is actually powered by an engine and a realistic man is sitting in it. Someone asks if the life-like man was real and the woman said, “No.”
Cool tyres and hardcore details make the Warthog sound like it’s out of this world.
We come to an end at the front door an avatar woman is standing with a very friendly face.
 We say our thank you’s and head off to the Circus School.!
We arrive at the front of the school and then we get our pizza. We walk out to the park just across the street and wait. We finally sit down and dig into the delicious meat lovers pizza.
After lunch we go back to the Circus School and I have a gulp of water. We start off with some exercises and do roly polys. Then we do it backwards and then I go and do some juggling. We also do some trapeze. These were really fun activities and I hope we can do more next year! We said our thank you’s and head off to the train station.
We get back to Waikanae and and get our transport back home. We got in and went home. The trip home was very long and I loved it because I got to sleep in my own bed at home.
By Lacey

With the sunset lowering for attention, I look at it and it looks more beautiful than ever.
The purple red sky sparkling and making the day end with some beautiful colours.
We sat on the boat and powered through the sea with laughter and smiles.
Being on a boat was really fun. I was smiling and having fun looking at the beautiful sunset and the sky made me happy.
This was my first time on a boat. I didn’t realise how fun and fantastic it was until I got on it.
This was a magical experience for me and I hope I can do it again.
I really enjoyed this activity because I have never ever been on a boat before and I really enjoyed it.
As we crawl through the sea with Captain John we start to drive the boat and we all act like sailors wearing the captain’s hat and driving like crazy wild animals.
We finally come to a water fall of rain and get all wet. We start to laugh and the salty sea water gets in our mouths.
I start to spit and run inside. Most of us go inside to eat some biscuits and crunch on them. I start to feel tired. I stand and go for a walk and arrive at the front of the boat. 
Feeling like I was superior I look at the sea and I start to notice a flock of jellyfish. I watch as they dance around in the water blue as blue. Can they be dancing in the blue sea I start to think in my head.
This was the most beautiful experience for me.
We watch the ferry going towards the sunset and I start to get tired again. As we arrive at the dock we sit down and get ready to go. We say our thank yous and say bye to Captain John, his assistant and his cute little dog.
We jump off and Captain John takes off like a speed boat. We all start to walk towards capital E again but we were heading straight towards a really yummy japanese restaurant. 
It was really cool on a boat since it was my first time. This was a really cool activity that can really help me with my learning. This was a really cool experience.
Next year I really hope we can enjoy another camp floating on a boat.
I loved camp and I loved spending time with my friends. This was amazing and cool.
By Lacey



No comments:

Post a Comment